drilled brake rotors

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: drilled brake rotors
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:36:23 -0400
Jim,
I do not have cross drilled rotors on my TR6, but when it comes time to replace
them, I will opt for them.  I have read several articles about cross-drilling
and slotting of rotors.  From what I glean from these articles, the cross
drilling does not adversely affect pad wear while it does allow space for the
hot gas to excape thereby improving brake performance.  The holes also help
dissipate rotor heat faster. Again, from what I have read,  a slot on the rotor
is what really causes the extra wear on the pad.  Cross-drilled without
slotting would be preferred.  Thanks.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN