Re: drilled brake rotors

To: "Rick & Lori" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>,
Subject: Re: drilled brake rotors
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:54:44 -0400
> "largely a poseur racing upgrade."
>
> Well put Kai. Is it possible to manufacture vented rotors (the
> sandwich kind that is common on most every automobile) that
> still fit the stock TR6 calipers?
>
> Rick O.

Yes, Rick there is.   There is an off the shelf vented rotor that fits, I
want to say Toyota Creseda (early 1980s)... but you'll have to check Roger
William's book (I admit there are _a few) bits of good information in it)...
the example in the book uses the stock TR6 calipers, but sandwiches a 10mm
or 11mm piece of aluminum in between the caliper halves to compensate for
the larger rotor.

Hope that helps...

Kai

--