Re: Speedvisioon coverage of Watkins and Lime Rock

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Speedvisioon coverage of Watkins and Lime Rock
From: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:50:28 -0500
The LRP race looked like what it was, 1980's endurance cars.  I know they are
part of "history", but it is not what I expect to see in vintage.  But perhaps
the Bentley and Packard lovers were saying the same thing 20 years ago.  Am I a
dinosaur?

The only thing that caught my attention was the 1930's Alfa that Akin said was a
2 million car.  How that show made it 1 hour without doing a piece on that car
is beyond me.  I would rather see that, than Duncan in victory lane, twice.

For all these newer cars, I do appreciate those wealthier than I  restoring
them.  They are not my cup-of-tea, but at least they are saved from
deterioration.  Also, the more cars people want to race, the higher the demand
for track time.  Hopefully, someone out there will build another roadcourse in
the Northeast.