Re: Lime Rock

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lime Rock
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:19:48 EDT
 GDavidson <geodav-lou@worldnet.att.net> asked :

>  Did anybody here go to Lime Rock over Labor Day?  How was it with the
>  diminished VSCCA involvement?

I am not one of the VSCCA people (race a Porsche 911), last year I
was not much aware of the group running the race (that means they did
a great job!). This year of course there were many more 70s - 80s
cars, and seemed like less little old sports cars, but maybe they
were dwarfed by all the tractor trailers of the big HSR teams.

The event was run pretty well, most groups got all their track time, not
too many delays (except when 2 Lime Rock trucks got stuck trying
to unstick a car in the lefthander!). I was not happy having to
pay $65 (?) to join HSR for one race, as I am an SVRA member.
I rented an transponder as they use dBcom instead of the
AMB which I use for SCCA/PCA/etc. Of course I forgot to
return it, hope they will take it back...

The crowd was pretty good, should have been MUCH better than
last year as it was on labor day weekend which is one of 2 big
spectator events at LRP. I think the crowd was not as big
as it should have been, even with good weather (HOT and MUGGY
fri/sat, then NICE and cool for the races on Sunday).

I had never ran in a qualifying race before, it was good for me as
I was able to stay ahead of 2 or 3 faster cars due to my
experience on the track. I went fishing Sunday but asked my
crew to bring the 911 to the concours, and was totally surprised
when I returned on Monday and found I had won "best raced"!
Also got  a 2nd place glass trophy, not quite sure what that was for.

My little RS could not keep up with all the RSRs in my class but
I had fun anway, and will surely attend next year.

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S  '73 911RS Clone

my racing pages - http://members.rennlist.org/analogmike/

~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects   www.analogman.com