Re: "Vintage" Racing

To: "'vintage-race@autox.team.net'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Vintage" Racing
From: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 00:33:29 -0700

Jim & Ann Brown wrote:
<Solow's post and Browns's prolix, over-wrought comments sniipped>

> Forgive the length, but this is now down to the nitty-gritty.  Pray do not
> misunderstand, accidents do happen even when the greatest of care is taken.
> But when a vintage race car driver believes it is acceptable to drive
> irresponsibly, I, for one, do not wish to share the race track with him.

I have shared a track more than once with Mr. Solow.  His driving has
never alarmed me, nor did I interpret his note as endorsing
over-driving, much less an acceptance of driving "irresponsibly", as you
put it.

Tom M.
Elva Courier #43