An apology

To: "VintageRacingList" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: An apology
From: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:39:06 -0500
I want to apologize for what has quite correctly been viewed as unwarranted
intemperate remarks the other day in our discussion about vintage drivers'
restraining their competitive urges.  A response this morning caused me to
reread my original note, and there is no question but that it reads as being
insulting to one individual.

This was not my intention.  What were intended as general comments in
response to another's posting came through, to my great regret, as being
pointed at one person.  I, quite to my dismay now, converted differing views
on a general subject into a personal dispute, and that is unforgivable.  I
must learn to keep quiet.  I have great difficulty with the mail list
medium -- writing off the top of my head is not my forte.

Again, my most sincere apologies to the person concerned, you know who you
are, and to the group as well.

Jim Brown
Houston