Re: Our Sport

To: brian@uunet.ca, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our Sport
From: Bahnseye@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:37:47 EDT
Re., Brian: << Actually, if someone thinks their not racing when they're on
the track,
 then what are they doing?  The difference between "showing", "touring",
 "lapping" and racing is a huge piece of attitude that says I'm trying as
 hard as I can to go as fast as I can, and to beat you to the finish line.

Just a hypothetical,  but is someone who isn't racing a little like the blue
haired lady in the Buickgoping slow in the fast lane with a turn signal
constantly blinking?

SVRA has/used to have exhibition "races" with very limited rules of
engagement. Maybe more drivers should take that option.

As for cars as stars - nothing is finer than seeing a good car well driven.

JH Bahn