FW: Re: Jack the Bear -Reply

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: Re: Jack the Bear -Reply
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:15:59 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["Wm.
Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@merging.com>]]

     Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:38:57 -0500
     From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@merging.com>
     Subject: Re: Jack the Bear -Reply

My understanding was the Golden Submarine is a recreation, not the
original.

I have my great uncle Gus's photo albums from the turn of the century
including the glass negatives. I have a number of shots of Barney
Oldfield in "Lightning Benz" circa 1911 which was a precursor to the
"Blitzen Benz". I think both cars were world speed record holders. Also
in the photos is Ralph DePalma in the Ford 999 car.

I hope to add some oof these photos to the Team Thicko web site at
<http://www.thicko.com> in the near future if any one is interested.

WST
Team Thicko