FW: Fwd: Accommodation for healey owners ( Monterey Hysterics )

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: Fwd: Accommodation for healey owners ( Monterey Hysterics )
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:07:31 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 71]

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:36:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: CLCSF@aol.com

<< Subj:        RE: Accommodation for healey owners
 Date:  97-07-11 09:56:46 EDT
 From:  oldirish@ix.netcom.com
 Sender:        owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
 To:    russell.lane@opus.co.nz, Healeys@autox.team.net
 CC:    vintage-race@autox.team.net

 On 07/08/97 21:19:43 you wrote:

 >I am trying to find accommodation in Monterey during the weekend of August
 15 to 18 1997 while my wife and I attend the historic racing and Pebble
 Beach Concours d elegance. We are looking for bed and breakfast type
 accommodation.
 >We are members of the AHCC of NZ and own a 100, MG Midget and 420 Jaguar
 >among our vehicles.
 >We are on a waiting list for any cancelled accommodation through the
 central booking office in Monterey but as time gets closer I would like
 something more positive. Down here in New Zealand the travel agents know
 very little about this area of USA and an
 >y booking problems.
 >Thanks for your help Russell And Jeni Lane.

 Russell,

 I am going to send a copy of this to the vintage race group as well, as a
 racer in that group might be more familiar with lodging in that area than I
 that can also help you out.

 I don't know of any bed & breakfast places.  I know they are there, just
 have not stayed in them.  We have stayed at either the Doubletree or the
 Holiday Inn in Monterey.  This time of year, getting reservations on race
 weekend is tough.  However, this is also the time of year many are finding
 out if their entry was accepted or not and there may be cancellations
 opening rooms up.

 If nothing is available, you might try Salinas.  Actually traffic wise it is

 probably better than coming from Monetrey to the track.  It is also a short
 drive from there to Monterey/Carmel.  Enjoy your trip, wish we could work it

 into our schedule this year.

 Jerry