Better to Be and Broken than not to Be at all.

To: RW20232@deere.com, WmSeverin@aol.com
Subject: Better to Be and Broken than not to Be at all.
From: dlaver@morgan.com (David Laver)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 15:17:35 +0100
> Wm. Severin Thompson
> Team Thicko
>
> Our motto... "It's better to be and broken, than not be here at all!".
> See you at the Blackhawk Classic

The VSCC bullitin editorial has a similar message this quarter.

-----

One of the joys of being Editor of the Bulletin is to see one make newsletters
and magazines.  An unfailing source of interest is Brescia Bits and issue 45
has a letter from Minoru Kawamoto from Japan who refers to his 1975
correspondance with the late Hugh Conway.  "I was having trouble with
overheating of my Type 22 soon after acquiring it and did everything in the
book to overcome this nagging problem.  He admonished me not to do the things I
was doing.  Just start the car up, hop in, and drive off, and not to worry.  I
did just that and have been satisfied every since."  From beyond the grave Hugh
Conway still tells us what to do and what excellent advice he gave.

-----

I must confess that I'm always doing work that doesn't need to be done, and
worry about problems that I could just drive through.   I think the process is
the more you fix it, the less you drive it, the more it decays.  A car needs
regular use to keep itself clean and free.

David Laver