Re: Blackhawk Classic

To: RW20232@deere.com
Subject: Re: Blackhawk Classic
From: WmSeverin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:38:41 -0400
Let's see.... SVRA Road America 1996. Oh yes.... I remember it like
yesterday.

Friday... too foggy to see. Friday afternoon, get out on the track, scatter
my clutch (new) on the second lap. Pull the engine Friday night. Clutch
arrives Saturday AM (in time to miss the AM session). Replace engine in time
to break an axle on the second lap of the qualifying session. Replace axle.
Sunday AM, overheat on the 3rd lap od warm ups. (it was the 3rd consecutive
lap that did it.) Attempt trackside repairs, (unaware of the cracks in my
expansion tank), go out for the race, (temp needle climbing up ON THE PACE
LAP) beta Mike Besic's new Alfa in to Turn 1 on the start, have to back off
on Lap 2 as I pass the start finish line beacause the needles pegged again,
pass him at Canada Corner, signal to go in past the Billy Mitchel Bridge,
pull off to side and head into the pits before completing lap 2.(Only my 2nd
DNF in 4 years.)

Wm. Severin Thompson
Team Thicko

Our motto... "It's better to be and broken, than not be here at all!".
See you at the Blackhawk Classic