Re: Better to Be and Broken than not to Be at all.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Better to Be and Broken than not to Be at all.
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 22:54:32 -0400
> Subject: Re: Better to Be and Broken than not to Be at all.

Reminds me of Mosport last weekend. Remember it was a full moon and I was
wondering what would happen. Well it was the Alfa that was howling! When
things went wrong, they worked themselves out. Like running out of gas on
the last lap of a qualifying race, taking the checker on the roll without
losing a place and even rolling right back to my place in the paddock. Even
the starter waited to die till we were putting the car on the trailer. And I
even beat a Lotus 7 (a full 1L with webers) for the first time!

In fact, I think the ALfa is getting faster every race. It has almost 3000
miles on the current engine, but is still very healthy. We even were the
first production car (Loti don't count as "production" cars to me) in the
Lola-Cunningham enduro at the Jefferson 500 !

Moral of the story - shut up and drive!

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
veni, vedi, veloce