Re: [TR] (no subject)

To: "bkahler1@gmail.com" <bkahler1@gmail.com>, "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] (no subject)
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 22:33:34 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1414446_1505489015.1681079614587

 I don't know about the Nippon alternator but if it uses the same regulator=
 as the Delco CS130 and if you have the IGN light connected the regulator w=
ill turn on and try to generate current even though the alternator is not t=
urning.=C2=A0 That four amps is the field current.=C2=A0 Applying power to =
the IGN light will cause current to flow into the regulator which turns eve=
rything on.=C2=A0 In normal operation, switching the key off will break thi=
s feed and the regulator will shut off.
This works quite differently than the boot-strap operation with which we ar=
e more familiar and is typical of alternators of our vintage.
But then, I am not familiar with your alternator and this may not be the ca=
se. But that is where I would start.
=20
Dave=20

=20