Re: [TR] TR4A - First Breakdown Update - Need Help Badly

To: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A - First Breakdown Update - Need Help Badly
From: John Macartney <flywheelcoventry1@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:24:12 +0000 (GMT)
Oh, that takes me back.
Way, way back to my (mis-spent) youth and my very
first day as a trainee Service Receptionist  with a Jaguar dealer. All part of
my training with Jaguar before being catapulted on to an unsuspecting world..
Scene:
Customer arrives with a very tired Jaguar Mk VIII saloon and says it's
making a 'funny' noise.
"Then what does it sound like, and where does it come
from?" sez John
"It comes from under the bonnet"
"....and it sounds like
what?"
He looked around rather furtively before answering and leaned towards
me
"It sounds like a rather splendid fart, actually."
Immediately, we
investigated - and yes, his description was indeed most apt. It was quite
harmonious too, with one of the units making a high pitched one and the other
doing a low down one. The musical key was perfect. Possibly an octave too
high, but not seriously so.
Maybe you've guessed?
His car had the original
Lucas windtone horns and he'd being trying to adjust them the day previously -
and had given up.
Two new horns did the trick - and he said his wife would
be very relieved, which gladdened all our hearts as well in case she had
'horned in' (no pun) on the act as well?
Put an entirely new angle on the
story for the pub that night.
Triumph content?
Those of you with sidescreen
TR's will know the horns I mean. They were fitted on Triumphs and a good few
other UK makes as well.

Jonmac

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html