Re: [TR] I'm stumped!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] I'm stumped!
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:29:11 +0100
It's a long shot on this one, but how long since the engine was rebuilt? In
extremis, it might be worth removing the timing chain cover to check if the
chain tensioner is still tensioning. Could just possibly be that if the
chain is loose, it may have jumped one or more teeth on the sprocket and
that'll play hell with things. Personally, I'd go for something simpler like
another defective dizzy cap or a pattern type rotor arm that's either a
whisker too long or short. I've had dizzy/rotor arms on both my cars and the
timing chain problem on my Fergie tractor with the Vanguard engine.

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org