[TR] I'm stumped!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] I'm stumped!
From: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 04:27:02 +0000
Other than replacing the distributor, I didn't see the rotor mentioned.  The
only time my TR3 has ever left me stranded (while showing off to my
father-in-law no less) was due to a resistance through the rotor to ground.
I had about 70Kohm resistance from the center metal contact to the little
clip that holds it to the distributor drive shaft, thereby sucking all the
spark from the plugs to ground!  When it happened, it started missing on one
cylinder, then two, then just died.

Frank  (TS55223L)

===     http://www.vtr.org