RE: [TR] I'm stumped!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] I'm stumped!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:44:14 -0700
> I am struck by how diverse the answers have been.  (I've
> never seen a float valve stuck closed,

It seems to me to be much more common in the last few years than it used to
be.  Given all the other things I know they've done to our gasoline; I
wonder if it isn't also "stickier" than before.  The residue left behind
when it evaporates certainly seems a lot harder than the 'varnish' we used
to get.

> but then, I've never  used Grosse Jets.)

I have now seen both Grose Jets and stock float valves stick closed.  Since
I couldn't get the Grose Jet apart to clean it, I threw it in the cornfield
(which IMO is where they belong anyway).  Even after cleaning, the stock
valve apparently stuck again a few days later (although I didn't go back to
verify that myself).

>  split vacuum advance diapharam (not mentioned yet)

Not likely to be the problem, IMO.  I've driven a TR3A that way, and it just
makes the engine kind of sluggish with poor fuel mileage.

> burned-out candle on the Lucas altar

Sounds most likely to me !

58 TR3A TS39781LO :(now totaled :(
56 TR3  TS13571L next project
71 Stag LE1473L waiting for engine rebuild
71 Stag LE2014LBW daily driver wanna-be
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project for sale
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly 2000 miles away

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

===     http://www.vtr.org