Re: [TR] RE: [6pack] White Post Restorations

To: wsteinman@pogolaw.com
Subject: Re: [TR] RE: [6pack] White Post Restorations
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:27:59 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/2007 8:21:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wsteinman@pogolaw.com writes:

My  father and I have both used them in the past and always with
outstanding  results.  In a strange coincidence, one of my co-workers
grew up with  Thompson's daughter.

B.

Bill,
I think the business model of not being the cheapest, but being the best,
fits our hobby well.
If I were in his business, I think I would be expensive also. I have a
friend who has a similar component restoration business which is doing  well.
He
has been advised to raise his prices. The effect is going to cause him  to lose
some business, but what he keeps will more than make up for it with the
higher prices . In the end, he won't be working as hard, and can afford to
spend
more time on the components,hence, higher quality.
I have also noticed over the years that his "jerk" customers, who consume
much of his time, are also the ones insisting on lowest prices.
Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org