[TR] Re: [6pack] TRF Alloy Brake Drums

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Subject: [TR] Re: [6pack] TRF Alloy Brake Drums
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:36:56 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Bob Danielson wrote:

> I see where TRF is running a special on their Finned Alloy Brake Drums.
> Strangely enough they're the same price as the stock drums. Is there any
> advantage to the alloy drums or is it mostly the "looking cool" factor.  I
> know that alloy should dissipate heat faster but I'm talking about in
> everyday driving conditions.

Let's see - better heat dissapation, lower unsprung weight... the look
kool thing is true, but you really need some Panasports to show them off.

:-)

regards,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489

===     http://www.vtr.org