RE: [TR] Clutch Adjustment

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Clutch Adjustment
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:16:15 -0700
> (Actually, having too much freeplay would seem to mean the
> clutch should be disengaging midway or lower down the pedal's
> travel, right?)

Terry, my point is that there is less than one inch of total travel at the
clutch slave.  If you think you have that much freeplay, you are measuring
it wrong or you have the wrong parts.

And having no freeplay at all can cause exactly the symptom you describe.

>I have freeplay on the slave even with the clevis pin removed and the slave
fork removed
> from the transmission lever.

This statement makes no sense.  Which seems to make it even clearer that you
are not measuring the right thing.

Since having it wrong can cause exactly the symptom you are complaining
about, my suggestion is to either learn how to do it right; or find someone
who does to do it for you.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org