[TR] Clutch Adjustment

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Clutch Adjustment
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 23:32:29 +0000
Hello, everyone.

I am a bit mystified.

When I rebuilt the T3A, I put a new clutch and pressure plate in it.  When I
took it for a test drive, the clutch would barely engage.  Car wouldn't go
uphill. Tested the freeplay at the slave cylinder, and had the proper inch of
movment before engating the fork.

So, removed the transmission again (removing it ain't bad, it's putting it back
together again alone that I hate!).  Then I reinstalled the old clutch and
pressure plate.  Car runs fine.  Trouble is, with the inch of freeplay, the
clutch still disengages as soon as I press the clutch pedal, and re-engages
when the pedal travel is near the top.  ...Meaning, it runs fine right now, but
I seem to have little adjustment capacity in one direction.

I think I've eliminated the clutch or pressure plate.  There is the fulcrum
adjustment in the bellhousing that the fork rides on.  Should I have adjusted
that?

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
New Hampshire (Despite the question, the car runs smooth and too fast for my
wife's tastes.)

===     http://www.vtr.org