Re: [TR] Clutch Adjustment

To: terryrs@comcast.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Clutch Adjustment
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:42:42 EDT
Terry,
I do not understand what you mean by the inch of freeplay.  It sounds  to me
like your throwout bearing is preloaded on the fingers.  Did you  replace the
throwout bearing?  I would take out the clevis pin in the slave  shaft and see
if the clutch lever wants to settle further forward than the slave  shaft
wants to let it.  In other words, if the fingers push the throwout  further
back
on the tranny shaft when the slave shaft is not connected.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

===     http://www.vtr.org