Re: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:03:32 -0700
Randy&Val DeRuiter wrote:

> I just bought a TR4 with the intent on restoring - right now after
> pricing out stuff I think I may have bitten off a little more than I
> want to chew.
>
> By bizarre luck, I also just found a 2nd TR4 nearby which I need to
> very quickly decide on buying - older restoration, needs tweaking like
> a brake job, but I think fits my interests a little better...

I have two TR4's and they fit in the garage fine. You might want to buy
your wife a block heater for her car, out there in the cold. ;) Yes, you
might get your money back since that overdrive transmission might sell
for up to $1500 on eBay. If I were in your shoes, I'd go get the better
driver and strip the car that needs work, saving the parts for later
repairs to your driver. It'll be hard to sell the frame so it'd be
helpful if you had a friend with a barn -- or cut it into pieces that
fit in the basement, worst case sell it for scrap.

Actually, if the second car does NOT have overdrive, then you could
pretend that you bought the first complete car so you could put the
overdrive in the second -- and you got a spare car worth of parts for
free. My wife wouldn't buy that explanation either, but there you go.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org