Ridiculous TR4 questions again.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:20:25 -0600
First, happy Thanksgiving all from a brand new list member, and thanks for
the excellent responses to my earlier question on patching a slightly rusty
TR4.

I had typed up a longer version of this to explain my insanity, but it
started to bore even me so I'll try to keep my explanation and questions
short:

I just bought a TR4 with the intent on restoring - right now after pricing
out stuff I think I may have bitten off a little more than I want to chew.

By bizarre luck, I also just found a 2nd TR4 nearby which I need to very
quickly decide on buying - older restoration, needs tweaking like a brake
job, but I think fits my interests a little better - although it is priced
appropriately higher for its condition.  If I do get it, I will have spent a
lot more (at least for this month) than I ever expected for this current
midlife crisis.

Both TR4s together would make an fantastic combination - but I'm not sure if
I will able to stuff them both in the garage and keep my wife happy and I
don't know yet about longer term offsite storage.

So my question is this:  If heaven forbid, I decided to part out the first
can I easily get my money back?

Yell at me if this is not appropriate for this list, but here is what I
invested, and here is what I think I have:

1964 TR4   my cost $1200
Overdrive trans   - not tested
Engine              - not tested (not stuck,owner said he parked it running
and I believe him)
Frame + running gear        - outstanding (from my inspection anyway)
Fenders            - 2 perfect (on outside), 1 with minor crease, 1 with
.25" rust spot near A-post
5 60 spoke painted wires  - 4 on car needed repaint for sure - one in truck
looks near factory quality
All the other sundry things you typically see on ebay.

The interior is shot, gauges seem good, floorboards need work/replacement,
and outer sills are not good.

Again, this isn't an offer for sale - I just want to get comfortable with my
spending spree and I need some calibration on costs if you are willing to
offer an opinion.

Thanks,
Randy.

===     http://www.vtr.org