Re: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.

To: deruiterville@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ridiculous TR4 questions again.
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:09:10 EST
In a message dated 11/23/2005 6:21:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
deruiterville@hotmail.com writes:

So my  question is this:  If heaven forbid, I decided to part out the first
can I easily get my money back?

Yell at me if this is not  appropriate for this list, but here is what I
invested, and here is what I  think I have:

1964 TR4   my cost $1200
Overdrive  trans   - not tested
Engine           - not tested (not stuck,owner said he parked it running
and  I believe him)
Frame + running gear        -  outstanding (from my inspection anyway)
Fenders         - 2 perfect (on outside), 1 with minor crease, 1 with
.25"  rust spot near A-post
5 60 spoke painted wires  - 4 on car needed  repaint for sure - one in truck
looks near factory quality
All the  other sundry things you typically see on ebay.

The interior is shot,  gauges seem good, floorboards need work/replacement,
and outer sills are  not good.

==AM==
I won't yell, I promise. But from what you describe, it would be a shame to
part it out, although yes, you probably would recoup most or all of your
costs.  I'd be curious to know just how much higher-priced the other car is and
how
much  better it truly is. Meanwhile, TR4s seem to be appreciating more and
more after  having been ignored for so many years. The NADA Guide puts them
between $6,600  and $20,500 for cars ranging from "decent" to "almost show" (my
interpretation  of their descriptions).

Besides, having two of them is almost always better than having only one.  :-)

--Andy Mace

===     http://www.vtr.org