RE: TR3A pulling an engine

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3A pulling an engine
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:11:43 -0800
Ed wrote :

> As Randall says:
<snip>
> THEN he says:
>
> <<I've removed and re-installed a TR3 tranny alone twice through the
> interior,>>

Just to be clear, it was Hoyt that made the comment above about doing a TR3
tranny through the interior.  I've done it a few more than twice, and not found
it to be all that bad, IF you have help.  It's definitely harder by yourself,
though, especially getting everything lined up on reassembly without letting it
hang on the input shaft.

> BUT, Big Healey IS worse!!!

I don't doubt that.  Even a Stag is worse than a TR3 ... although it has to come
out the bottom since the transmission tunnel is an integral part of the body.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org