RE: TR3A pulling an engine

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A pulling an engine
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:23:03 -0800
> Thanks all.  I don't have the manual in front of me but I glanced
> at it quickly yesterday a few hours before sending the
> query and I stopped reading after it said remove the 9 bolts
> around the bell housing.

I don't see that in the procedure on B28/29 in the factory workshop manual.
Sounds like the one you're reading does have you separating the engine and
transmission in the car.

However, I do note something else that might be helpful : The book says to
drain and disconnect the clutch slave.  However, unless you plan to work on
the hydraulics, IMO it's preferable to undo the bracket and pushrod, and
leave the slave attached to the car, so the hydraulic system can remain
sealed.  The slave is light enough that it can just be left to hang on the
line, IMO.

> I've had the gearbox out twice in the past and this sounds easier
> (once I rent a lift).

Just a thought, you might consider buying one instead.  They're pretty cheap
now.  And the one I bought, although "non-folding", is quite easy to
disassemble and store flat against a wall.  It actually stores that way in
quite a bit less space than the "folding" ones do.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=7620

I've seen them even cheaper at Kragen.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org