Adjusting Valves

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Adjusting Valves
From: AxleHalfshaft@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:29:31 EST
Hi All,

      I was offered this method to adjust the valves:

(With engine cold)

1. Turn engine by hand until the #'s 1&2 valves are both closed; the rocker
arms will both be at the same attitude       and have lateral play - (check by
wiggling back and forth)

 2. Adjust to .010

 3. Turn engine and repeat with 3rd&4th valves and so on.....

This method seems a lot easier to follow than the Shop Manuals approach of
open #8 adjust #1, open #6 adjust #3, ... ....easier to do, easier to follow
---
 there must be something inherently wrong or evil with it, no? Could I damage
the engine using this method? Thanks,

Chuck Bushnell
'66 TR4A