Re: Fender damage, damn careless driver

To: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <Gbouff1@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Fender damage, damn careless driver
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:42:36 -0500
> As long as you go armed with more than one estimate..
> (find a few 'higher' ones than where you want it done)
> they can not argue with the costs to repair.
> If they bulk at your estimates you can at least say ...hey I'm
> having it done at the cheapest place...you're lucky I'm not suing
> for negligence, and the destruction of historic property
==
Insurance companies usually base their estimates on a $25.00 per hr. flat
rate system, in this case however insured as a "classic" so the rate is now
$50.00 per flat rate hour, the need for 3 estimates went out the window some
years back so Gary can have his car repaired where he wants as he  should be
very insistant in this matter.  "FT"