Fender damage, damn careless driver

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fender damage, damn careless driver
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:39:15 EST
Well, I guess it had to happen.  Unfortunately, it happened to my TR3A.  I
was at my daughter's house having a bit of lunch.  A knock at the door from
their neghbor from across the street brought the bad news.  He backed into my
Triumph with his Pickup.  He was very apologetic and I almost could have felt
sorry for him if it wasn/'t my car.  But I did a slow burn when he said that he
should have been paying more attention, instead of eating the slice of pizza
that was in his hand.  I really could have done without that extra information.

The damage is to the left front wing, about a 6"x8" by 1" deep scrape and
dent.  I've been out for estimates and I found a guy that uses the PPG DC
Concept
that I used.  He assures me that he can get an exact match.  He was also
working on several corvettes and hot-rods, which gives me a higher comfort
level
for a good job.

My next battle will probably be with the idiot's insurance company.

Sorry, I had to vent.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  bruised and running
59 Bugeye (aka garage clutter)