RE: TR4A ride height: mufflers scraping (may also apply to other IRS ca

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A ride height: mufflers scraping (may also apply to other IRS cars)
From: "TriumphTR4" <triumphtr4@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:51:40 -0500
Chris,
My TR4 measures 26.5" also, and I have 165R15 tires.  I have had on occasion
pulled the pipes loose on a speed bump or two.  I try to always slow down,
now to ease over them.   I have the early system which had 4 into 2,
through a forward muffler, through a 2 into 1 Y-pipe, back through the
cruciform where it split back into 2 and then out 2 mufflers.
Darwin