Re: TR6 Front Hub spec.

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Front Hub spec.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:26:57 -0700
Cc: Jim Davis <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>, 6 List <6pack@autox.team.net>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Interesting, I have never seen a wheel bearing and seal driver before.
I bet that would have made the forty years more technically correct for
me.  However, when I was young a mechanic taught me to lay the flat side
of a cold chisel across the bearing race and give it a whack to start
the race in the hub.  Then he used a drift punch to seat the race all
the way to the bottom of the hub relying on the sound of metal to metal
contact for confirmation.  A similar technique was used on the seal.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom