Re: TR6 Front Hub spec.

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Front Hub spec.
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:19:27 +0000
Cc: Jim Davis <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>, 6 List <6pack@autox.team.net>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Could someone post a link to a pic of the bearing kit including the oil seal.
I'm a little confused on the instalation now. I have the hubs at the powder
coater and I'll be getting them back this weekend. I thought I had this down
already but this discussion has made me feel uneasy.

Starting from a bare spindle, the furry seal goes around the plate that has
the 4 bolts with the locking strips holding the other steering parts, correct?

I don't have another one besides this one, should I? In the bearing kit I
have the bearings and the races and this furry ring, should there be other
parts?

Thanks in advance, and Don, I've checked a lot of TR6's this weekend at a
show reguarding what way the bolt faces through the Trunnion. And while the
consensus is the locknut twords the back of the car, there are still cars
that have it opposite like mine. I guess it dosen't matter. I'm going to run
it a little this way, since it was how my car was originally and check things
out. I'll let you know how I make out.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net