Re: 59 TR3

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <mskroblin@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 59 TR3
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:19:52 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <vtr@autox.team.net>
This is an interesting question that I've heard differing views on.
Personally I removed my fan from my TR4A and replaced it with an electric
fan and the whole car seems smoother as a result. I believe that the balance
comments we often hear referred to are really referring to balancing the fan
itself and not as a means of balancing the crankshaft. Mike, what is the
name of the book that you refer to in your e-mail.
Any comments with logic applied that can explain how a fan can balance a
crankshaft?
JVV