TR6 Front Hub spec.

To: "6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Front Hub spec.
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:15:30 -0400
I installed new "modern" front oil seals on my hubs but I still feel
they are too loose after using the Haynes Manual technique of tightening
to 10 lbs. torque and backing off 1.5-2 flats. Actually, when I only
back off the recommended # of flats the hub feels as if it's binding a
bit so I back off a bit more. Should I feel a bit of binding when
adjusting as instructed? How much play should there be when grabbing the
wheel at the 12-6 o'clock position?

I don't want to burn a bearing up on the way to the TRials next week,
but I also don't feel comfortable with the slack I have now.

All suggestions and opinions welcome,,.

Jim Davis

Fortson, GA

CF38690UO