Re: Re:TR2 Front Wings and Archeology

To: andylit@covad.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re:TR2 Front Wings and Archeology
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:21:38 -0400
Andy-
I hadn't gotten into that particular dimension of "Jeep" history... But,
yes- one of the stories is that it was named after "Eugene, the Jeep" from
"Popeye" cartoons...(A "Ubiquitous animal able to do anything" I seem to
recall the definition being...) However- again, the term "Jeep" predates
"Eugene" in military slang, from what I understand! And I meant to mention-
the use of the term "Jeep" to be any insignificant item was an Army term...
On civvy street, I'm not sure how it was used, other than "Popeye"
reference, until the war.

So, the term "Jeep" has had an interesting history- with many attributed
beginnings... But no known origin!

Scott