Re: [SPIT6CGT6] GT6 tranny ideas

To: SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SPIT6CGT6] GT6 tranny ideas
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:02:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
brooks, the gt6 bellhousing is longer than the spit.  if you set both
bellhousings face down on a bench and measure the height, the gt6 is about 3/4"
taller.  therefore, the spit input shaft is "short" by 3/4" when attaching a
spit gerabox to a gt6 bellhousing.  this leads to some serious issues with the
spline engagement and also the pilot bushing. ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@q1.net