How do I reconstitute dryed touch-up paint question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: How do I reconstitute dryed touch-up paint question
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:32:27 EST
To the list,
Unfortunately, I got a couple of road chips traveling to and from the VTR
regional this weekend and wanted to begin some repairs to my paint. I have a
small bottle of touch-up paint that appears to be custom mixed.  Since I
purchased my TR6 after the previous owner had it painted several years ago
and he is now out of the country, I do not know  the origin of the touch-up
paint.  The container does not have any specific information to assist me.
My problem is that the paint is almost dried out and I would like to find
some method to thin the paint for use.  Without knowing the specific type of
paint is there a safe solvent that I can add to the bottle to loosen things
up a little bit?  I can assure you that your best guess is better than my
best guess.
On another note, It was great to meet Fred Thomas, Dan Masters and others on
this list at the SE Regional VTR.
Thanks in advance.
David Gill
1976 TR6