Re: Vintage Battery

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: Vintage Battery
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:04:32 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Fred,
Yeah, I must confess that I am notoriously terrible when it comes to
maintaining batteries.  So if you do all the wrong things and let them run
down all the time you can still get three seasons out of them before they are
killed.

(as recommended by a chemistry professor (on this list) I have always
added a few drops of VX-6 to each cell each year, this is sold by J.C.
Whitney)

This sounds like a good idea to me.  I wonder if this helps the discharging
problem I have?  Right now I have four TR's in storage that have not been
started for almost four months. Two of them have the Vintage Lucas batteries.
Yikes!

Cheers,
Darrell