Re: Vintage Battery

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Vintage Battery
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:30:01 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
> They will die quickly if you don't keep them charged up and last about
three
> seasons. There is no decal, LUCAS is embossed on the front and on the
filler
> caps.
>
> Cheers,
> Darrell
Darrell, the "Vintage Battery" I have in my T/R 3 was bought & installed in
1992, as recommended by a chemistry professor (on this list) I have always
added a few drops of VX-6 to each cell each year, this is sold by J.C.
Whitney, I also have a 6 volt battery from the same company in my 31 "A" it
was installed in 1988 and still cranks just fine, also on the spillage, the
Jaguar MK II uses a poly cover that is a custom fit for the Triumph size
battery, very neat looking I might add. "FT"