RE: Oil Pressure woes

Subject: RE: Oil Pressure woes
From: "McMahon, Jack" <JMcmahon@ictgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:12:52 -0400
Jack, I 'like' Harbor Freight, have lots of their tools ... but I would
never buy a micrometer from them !!!

Please tell me where I would get a micrometer.

BTW, Plastigage is cheap, and available at any auto parts store.  You don't
really need a micrometer.

I thought of Plastigage and the weight of the crank.  I thought the  gravity
factor from under the car may give my a false reading.  Is that true?

Don't forget the
felt around the rear main cap !

Please tell me about the felts..I can't find felts in the VB or Moss
catalogs.  In the manual they say to cut 7 inch strips 3/4 inch wide and
shellac it and jam it in the hole with a drift.  Where do I get the felts
and what is the accepted way to install them?

As always, thanks for the wealth of knowledge.

Jack
59 TR3