OD for TR3A? do-able or a bridge too far

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: OD for TR3A? do-able or a bridge too far
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:49:06 GMT
A good friend just bought a nice TR3A and is considering converting it to O/D.
I understand the A-type would be period correct, but would a J type on a TR-6
box be much more difficult - besides the rear mount?  If anyone has words of
warning or encouragement I would appreciate hearing from you.  I am under the
impression that a TR4 or TR6 tranny will bolt right up but not sure I am on top
of the clutch & hydraulic implications.  I put a J-type in my 71 TR-6 thus my
experience with the rear mount issue.  I am glad this is "his" $ we are talking
about as an O/D tranny won't be cheap.

TIA,
Matt Barre (digester)