Re: new TR6 owner (CF20293UO)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new TR6 owner (CF20293UO)
From: Bill Bereza <bereza@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:48:40 -0400
On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:39:08PM +0100, Nicholas Froome wrote:
> I'm sure that the Mobil 1 synthetic 15W50 is part of the problem. These old
>engines weren't designed for this thin synthetic stuff, were they?

The oil pressure was actually reading a lower before I changed the oil. Don't
know what kind the PO had in it, but it didn't look like a synthetic.

At normal driving speed the pressure seems pretty good, and it isn't leaking
any more oil than it was before.

I went with the Mobil 1 after doing a lot of reading on the web about
synthetic-vs-non, and after some recommendations from local (non-Brit)
car-experts who I trust.

But any advice from people who've tried both would be very helpful.

--
Bill Bereza  bereza@pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~bereza/

                                   (H. D. Thoreau)