Re: DPOs

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: DPOs
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:29:23 -0400
Cc: "INTERNET:Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com" <Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Being an original owner, I don't have any DPO stories about the TR4, but back
around 1964 a friend decided he had to have an lbc. The only one for sale in his
price range was a 57 TR3. White over blue, wire wheels, OD, a rollbar, factory
hardtop, bumpers removed. It looked OK from across a parking lot, but up close
it
turned into a nightmare. It had been brush painted with house paint, all of the
spokes in all of the wheels were loose,  and the "rollbar" was made out of
exhaust pipe. It had a diagonal brace which ended in midair down behind the
seats. The gearbox would jump out of 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and the OD didn't work.
The front end had positive camber one one side and negative on the other. The
poor car had been driven into the ground in only 7 years. But it always started
and always ran and the brakes usually worked. He eventually fixed it up enough
be reasonably driveable, and kept it for about 5 years.

Cheers

Pete Fullam
63 TR4
Nobody's DPO