Re: K&N Air Filters --TR4A

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: K&N Air Filters --TR4A
From: January Williams <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 07:32:36 -0700
Cc: "'ebk@buffnet.net'" <ebk@buffnet.net>, "'Divits@aol.com'" <Divits@aol.com>
I bought a pair at the all-British Field Meet in Portland OR labor day
weekend.  The K & N part number is 56-1390; I got them from British
Autoworks which is a local Moss dealer, works great on my TR4A. These mount
centered on the carb throat; they are a little under 6" in dia and about
1-3/4" thick. The HS6 carbs are shorter (depth from filter to manifold) than
the H6s so there is adequate clearance for them.
I got a note and a photo from a TR3A owner saying he didn't think they would
work for him; the stock black "gauze" filters are mounted offset to the rear
of the car so the front one would clear the inner wing, but this isn't true
for the later 4As.
Hope this helps

January
66 TR4A CTC74217LO