RE: tappets humour NO LOBC

To: "'Phil Ethier '" <pethier@isd.net>, "'Chris Kantarjiev '" <cak@dimebank.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tappets humour NO LOBC
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:49:59 -0400
Phil said:

>I have seen large funnel-like devices for sale for Chev V8 engines.
>I suppose some time ... could produce such a thing for Triumph
>engines.

Hmmm, I work closely with an American who always loves to say "X couldn't
find his a-s with a funnel". Meaning, I assume, that at some time in one's
life a test had been administered involving mechanical instuments and
positional detection. I have seen tests for drunkedness with the testee
being obliged to find the tip of his nose with a finger. Is this the same
sort of thing but with the funnel added in for cleanliness and eas of reach?

What is this fixation Americans have with funnels? Are they a sort of
universal specific? A place to concentrate all the ills for easy treatment?
Is it some deep psychological sort of thing beyond normal comprehension, or
is it easily explained to a simple Canadian? Please use familiar symbols
such as beavers, igloos and maple syrup in your response to help
understanding. <g>

Mark Hooper