Re: tappets humour NO LOBC

To: vafred@erols.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tappets humour NO LOBC
From: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:34:22 -0500 FILETIME=[3A6FE5D0:01C24AF5]
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Back when I was young and stupid (no longer young) I had a '71 MGB.  Took it
to the local foreign car mechanic (Mimo - this is not a tag line to Fred's
joke!) who was Italian.  He adjusted the tappets on the MG with the motor
running and when hot.  He would slide the blade long-ways though the opening
while the valves were doing their things, and if he felt nothing, he
tightend that one down.  If he felt just a very slight grab - that is what
he was looking for.  If it was a little harder grab, he backed it off some.

Anyway, that was the best adjustment I ever had. Touch of a surgeon.

D.

David Dressel
Champaign, IL USA
'67 Jaguar Mk2 3.4