RE: tappets humour NO LOBC

To: "'Chris Kantarjiev '" <cak@dimebank.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tappets humour NO LOBC
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:53:33 -0400
Hi Chris:

Strangely enough there is no oil spray at all. The TR6 is awfully dry up
top. That's why the rockers wear so fast. I chose to put in the oil line
feed. It seems a good idea. However I am told that some people have
experienced oil burning etc. I do have a strong smell of gas, but there is
no oil burning. I was sure that the smell was from oil dripping on the
exhaust pipes, but it seems to happen very quickly (before the pipes could
possibly be heated enough to make oil smell like vaporized gas) so now I am
searching elsewhere. It's really a strong smell and driving me a little
nuts.

One day I will find it. Until then I can't really drive with the windows
closed at all.

Mark