Re: My TR4 is falling apart

To: Roxy McDaniel <gimmeagig@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My TR4 is falling apart
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:30:35 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Roxy

My TR4 also has the long neck radiator, which also leaks from the neck solder
joint now and again. I tried the JB Weld stuff and it wouldn't last against hot
Prestone. Mine only leaks at the top corners of the joint, so it's not too
difficult to solder in the car. When the engine is hot, the neck moves up until
the radiator cap hits the underside of the bonnet, leaving a little rub mark in
the paint. When it's cold, I can press the bonnet down over 1/16" before it hits
the cap. The radiator you want would be from a late 63 or 64 TR4, when the neck
was finally discontinued. Try and find one :-/

I used a TR4A exhaust manifold for years, until the #4 leg broke off. Went to a
Triumphtune header, which is 13lb. lighter than the manifold. It uses the TR4A 2
into 1 Y pipe to connect to the 4 exhaust system. I had the header flame-spray
coated with aluminum, and have had no problems since I put it in about 6 years
ago.

Cheers

Pete Fullam
63 TR4