Re: Changing oil filter with full oil system

To: ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Changing oil filter with full oil system
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:35:54 EDT
The longer an engine sits, the more the oil drains down from the cylinder
walls and rings...........I think the main advantage to warm oil  is that it
is circulating again, coating the rings and walls........so during the time
that you are changing to new oil, it isn't dry up there....until the pressure
is up and running again with the cold oil.  Could be that the warm oil also
gets all the crud into circulation again so it can drain out.....

But, like Randall, I don't think it has to be boiling HOT!!!  Man!!!...That
IS a pain!

Clark